Thursday 23 February 2012

Pinning!

So in my quest to become more social networkey I joined Pinterest, and I'm not going to lie to you, I am totally addicted now.

My days are now spent pinning digital photos to my digital pin-boards and to be honest, that's kind of how I gathered the strength to write a blog. (Don't get me wrong, I am not touting myself as a "blog-writer extraordinaire" but it took me a while to find the courage to write that first post) I figured I was pinning all these amazing posts from these great local blogs, why can't I do the same! 

I felt it was a great way to get ones foot wet, so to speak, and get used to putting your opinions out there on the internet.

I love making collages, and that's essentially what Pinterest is: a digital collage.


I made this collage out of lace and snapshots from NYLON magazine before I moved to Ottawa in 2008. I thought I was literally the most creative person in the world. Finally living on my own, I took full advantage of hanging my own pictures and wall-art. 

So I guess what I was trying to say is, if you love scrapbooks or collages or just checking out what other people are into, you should totally join Pinterest. And we should totally be Pinterest friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's TALK