Monday 11 June 2012

Two Years

Today is our two year anniversary!


Charles and I have been together for two years now... I feel so lucky to have such an amazing person in my life. 


Two years ago I would have been working shift work at a call centre, and Charles would be meeting me after 1AM to watch Discovery Channel and drink wine and eat iced cream until the sun came up. Then I would go to bed for the day and Charles would have to go straight to work. Oh what new love does!


We started hanging out after I had a bad day at work, wanted to have a glass of vino to de-stress, and discovered that in my move to my new apartment, I forgot to pack a cork-screw. Charles, being the gentleman that he is, offered to literally drive across town to bring me one  so I can have a glass of wine. And it's been bliss ever since. 


Yesterday we were talking about time, and how it passes, and Charles mentioned that even though we have only been together for two years it seems like it's been much longer, since so many important, fun and exciting things have happened since we've been together. And I couldn't agree more. Since dating Charles, my life has been so rich with happiness, we've done so many things together that I would never have been able to do alone. And every day I am so thankful to have him in my life.


I love him so, so much, and I can't wait to celebrate more anniversaries with him.  Especially if he keeps it up with these kinds of anniversary gifts. ;)


I am such a fan of costume jewelry as opposed to really delicate "Peoples" style stuff. Usually I don't wear many rings, because I feel like I've got a bit of the man-hand syndrome going on. I usually just stick with a little star sapphire that belonged to my mother. But this ring is PERFECT. I love everything about it. Especially the fact that it came from Charles. AWWWWWW


2 comments:

Let's TALK